The Goree All-Girl String Band is a new musical that is a part of the 2017 New York Musical Festival that tells the (true) story of six female inmates who use music to charm their way to a pardon during The Depression.
5 Reasons You Should See It:
1. There is an explosion of musical talent up on that stage. Every single one of the 13 cast members is a triple threat: acting, singing, AND playing their own instruments!
2. This show is full of radio-ready music that you could listen to again and again. Writers Artie Sievers and Michael Bradley have a true knack for songwriting.
3. There is a performance in Act Two that would win Miche Braden a Tony Award if this show ever made it to Broadway. The world stopped spinning when she busted out a song that was so sad and soulful that it made you want to stand up and testify!
4. The show is full of youthful energy. The director, the choreographer, both writers, and the vast majority of the cast are under 40, yet this show would also work well for an older crowd. Now, that's marketability!
5. Star Ruby Wolf will knock your socks off. Her fairytale eyes and enchanting voice make for a performance that borders on magic.
Runs through July 29. Tickets are only $30!
Photos: Shira Friedman Photography
Theater with a LOT of swagger! A+++++++++++++++++
Banned theater from Europe starring a member of Pussy Riot. Intense and awesome!
A seminal piece of theater that hasn't been on a NYC stage since 1999.
Hedwig vibes in this badass play/rock concert/protest/art installation!
Immersive theater so sexy you'll want to smoke a cigarette after!
Sexy and dangerous theater. As delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
Go behind-the-scenes at a K-Pop factory in this immersive theatrical event!
Four future megastar actors shine in this new play about the personal side of the Freedom Riders movement.
The Hamilton parody with Monty Python vibes.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
Exactly what we need as a nation right now! Sobering, yet hopeful.
Irreverent, hilarious, and just plain good!
A magic show for 2017!
Shakespeare as a bachelor(ette) party!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!
A musical theater nerd's fever dream!
An immersive production Off-Broadway with Broadway A-Listers!
An extremely special experience that borders on magic!
You'll walk out of the theater with a smile a mile wide!
(duh!) One of the greatest pieces of art of all time.
A Noises Off-esque romp and a half!
Yes, it really is that funny...
One of the coolest theatrical experiences you'll ever have.
Artisanal and intimate immersive theater.
Does it surprise you to know that this is actually one of the best pieces of musical theater of all-time?
A "genie-us" performance, superb direction, and songs you know and love!
Harry Potter fan fiction performed with an improv comedy sensibility!