Curiosities is immersive theater with a 1930s sideshow theme.
5 Reasons You Should See it:
1. This is very sexy theater. The show is filled with extremely intimate one-on-one experiences with a cast of hotties. This is the kind of theater that makes you want to smoke a cigarette after! It's borderline erotic...#blushingemoji
2. Live music. Everywhere. A band plays throughout the whole show in the main cabaret room and it is piped through the entire space with an old-timey radio filter. This is rare in immersive theater, where most of the music is recorded. The live music filling the entire space gives a really awesome energy to the show.
3. The set is awesome. You are transported to a completely different time and place as soon as you enter the doors of The Menagarie, the abandoned warehouse space used for this show. You can actually touch and feel a lot of the details in the secret rooms that you explore either on your own or with the guidance of one of the performers.
Photos: Caitlin Spiess of ill Productions
4. There’s a real bar, complete with an old-timey bartender...who takes credit cards via a Square striper, hehe. Need a break from all the hot and heavy action? Grab a drink and sit back and enjoy more traditional performances in the lounge.
5. It’s not in Manhattan. Explore the awesome NYC theater that exists in the outer boroughs. Curiosities takes place in Park Slope, Brooklyn. How refreshing!
Runs through November 26.
Check out this video of Sam getting a sneak peek at the show before going to see it. Video not displaying correctly? Click here.
The U.S. Constitution + Dirty Dancing?
The first part of our new series #WomenOnBroadway: 5 producers you should be paying attention to!
You’ll never look at classic musicals the same way again after you see this revelatory production at St. Ann’s Warehouse in Brooklyn.
You heard us. CLUELESS. THE MUSICAL. Off-Broadway this fall! With 90s songs! OMG.
An A+ production of this hilarious and heartbeaking landmark play about gay life in NYC in the 70s/80s.
The surprise hit of the Broadway season?
Haunting immersive theater on the streets and inside the buildings of DUMBO, Brooklyn.
There’s a reason it was on so many people’s Top 10 lists last year…and it’s coming back in October.
An energetic and extremely well-done musical for posers and non-posers alike.
Broadway. February 2019. Lyceum Theatre. Teenage anxiety! Zombies! 90’s nostalgia! INCREDIBLE music!
Bryan Cranston stars in one the freshest pieces of live theater imaginable.
The Go-Go's music in an epic woke rock pop jukebox Elizabethan fairy tale party!
Immersive Trainspotting in a Times Square heroin den!
Givin’ some love to these Broadway stars.
A subtle, lovely, and heartbreaking new musical that swept the Tonys.
Musical theater magic! A+++
SO fun...and that radio-ready music!