The classic is now playing Off-Broadway in a badass new production that is as delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
5 Reasons You Should See A Clockwork Orange:
1. Jonno Davies. Jonno plays Alex DeLarge in a career-defining performance. Barely ever leaving the stage to catch his breath for the full 90 minutes, the hunky future megastar has swagger and acting chops that you have to see to believe. He NAILS it.
2. Alexandra Spencer-Jones' direction. Alexandra tells Sam in the video below that she likes rock music...and that she likes it loud. "ASJ" intertwines really awesome pop music (The Gossip! Muse!) into the play, making it feel relevant for 2017. The result? This play almost feels like a musical, satisfying the craving for us musical lovers...but without scaring off jazz hands haters. You can tell that she poured her heart and soul into this production with her extremely exciting staging.
Photos: Caitlin McNaney
3. It's a throwback to the book. This production goes back to its roots as a literary masterpiece. That being said, fans of the Stanley Kubrick movie won't be disappointed.
4. The production values are outta control. First of all, you don't see any colors anywhere that aren't black, white, and orange. The set, lights, costumes, and props all help transport you into Alex DeLarge's mind and you walk out of the theater jarred by the real world, which means the creative team has done a superb job of immersing you.
5. An all-male cast of #hunkz sizzles with homoeroticism. Male members play female roles and things get a little sexy. In the video below, meet some of the stars. Bonus: Director ASJ dives deeper into why she uses pop music in the production in the video.
Video not displaying properly? Click here.
Runs through December 2.
A superb revival of the cult musical from 2009.
The U.S. Constitution + Dirty Dancing?
The first part of our new series #WomenOnBroadway: 5 producers you should be paying attention to!
You’ll never look at classic musicals the same way again after you see this revelatory production at St. Ann’s Warehouse in Brooklyn.
You heard us. CLUELESS. THE MUSICAL. Off-Broadway this fall! With 90s songs! OMG.
An A+ production of this hilarious and heartbeaking landmark play about gay life in NYC in the 70s/80s.
There’s a reason it was on so many people’s Top 10 lists last year…and it’s back for a return engagement!
An energetic and extremely well-done musical for posers and non-posers alike.
Broadway. February 2019. Lyceum Theatre. Teenage anxiety! Zombies! 90’s nostalgia! INCREDIBLE music!
Bryan Cranston stars in one the freshest pieces of live theater imaginable.
The Go-Go's music in an epic woke rock pop jukebox Elizabethan fairy tale party!
Immersive Trainspotting in a Times Square heroin den!
Givin’ some love to these Broadway stars.
A subtle, lovely, and heartbreaking new musical that swept the Tonys.
Musical theater magic! A+++
SO fun...and that radio-ready music!