Photo: Ryan Jensen
by Olivia Lusk
1. It’s written by Dave Malloy. If you’ve never heard of Dave Malloy, you may have heard about a little show he also wrote called Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812, which was the most nominated show of the 2017 Tony® season. Malloy is definitely a new force to be reckoned with in the Broadway community!
2. It’s the inaugural show in New York Theatre Workshop’s awesome new Next Door series. NYTW is best known for Rent, which debuted Off-Broadway in their 1995-1996 season!
3. The show is a retelling of an Edgar Allen Poe short story. Spooky show + October = a perfect Halloween theatre experience!
4. If you’re a fan of Great Comet, you may recognize two of the cast members! Brittain Ashford and Gelsey Bell, who played Sonya and Mary on Broadway, will be in Ghost Quartet.
5. No seat is a bad seat at the newly renovated 65-seat Fourth Street Theatre! There are very few theatres that are so intimate. It also means that even the very last row is a terrific seat. Bonus for this show: there's some seats that are cushions on the floor, super close to the action!
Tickets go on sale Wednesday, September 20 at 12noon.
Runs October 5 - 31.