5 Reasons You Should See Drunk Shakespeare
1. One of the actors literally gets drunk and tries to perform Shakespeare. In this real-life version of Drunk History, one of the six actors takes a minimum of 5 shots and spirals quickly into a hilarious drunken haze that only matches...that of the audience members!
2. The crowd is refreshingly energetic and young, full of backwards hat finance bros, fun-loving Middle School English teachers on their summer break, and only a handful of people over 35 in the audience (but even those over 35 seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely!).
3. This is “F*ck Yeah Shakespeare”. Zany, improvised, and incredibly relatable, this is about the only way that some of us are going to get into the Bard's work. If that random character has a hard-to-remember name, why not have the audience choose a memorable name like "Penis McFly" to refer to him by? Drunk Shakespeare is irreverent with a LOT of swearing.
4. It is performed in an incredibly cool space: a weird old-timey library in the middle of Times Square. The thousands of books on the shelves are color coded!
5. There’s a Kendrick Lamar dance party in it. Fight-to-the-death scenes as epic improvised dance battles? Yep.
Get really affordable tickets to #DrunkShakespeare on Goldstar:
Theater with a LOT of swagger! A+++++++++++++++++
Banned theater from Europe starring a member of Pussy Riot. Intense and awesome!
A seminal piece of theater that hasn't been on a NYC stage since 1999.
Hedwig vibes in this badass play/rock concert/protest/art installation!
Immersive theater so sexy you'll want to smoke a cigarette after!
Sexy and dangerous theater. As delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
Go behind-the-scenes at a K-Pop factory in this immersive theatrical event!
Four future megastar actors shine in this new play about the personal side of the Freedom Riders movement.
The Hamilton parody with Monty Python vibes.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
Exactly what we need as a nation right now! Sobering, yet hopeful.
Irreverent, hilarious, and just plain good!
A magic show for 2017!
Shakespeare as a bachelor(ette) party!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!
A musical theater nerd's fever dream!
An immersive production Off-Broadway with Broadway A-Listers!
An extremely special experience that borders on magic!
You'll walk out of the theater with a smile a mile wide!
(duh!) One of the greatest pieces of art of all time.
A Noises Off-esque romp and a half!
Yes, it really is that funny...
One of the coolest theatrical experiences you'll ever have.
Artisanal and intimate immersive theater.
Does it surprise you to know that this is actually one of the best pieces of musical theater of all-time?
A "genie-us" performance, superb direction, and songs you know and love!
Harry Potter fan fiction performed with an improv comedy sensibility!