Banner Photo: Carol Rosegg
5 Reasons You Should See Avenue Q:
1. It's hilarious AF. You do not know the meaning of "irreverent" until you've seen Avenue Q. They go IN! Racism, homophobia, porn...no topic is off-limits.
2. It's way more affordable than The Book Of Mormon. Goldstar has tickets for $45!
3. The people who wrote it also wrote Frozen. We can all agree these people know what they are doing as songwriters, yes?
4. It beat Wicked for the Tony Award® for Best Musical in 2004! Let that sink in for a second.
5. It's been playing for 14 years. They're certainly doing something right!
Go see Avenue Q, playing now Off-Broadway at New World Stages.
Theater with a LOT of swagger! A+++++++++++++++++
Banned theater from Europe starring a member of Pussy Riot. Intense and awesome!
A seminal piece of theater that hasn't been on a NYC stage since 1999.
Hedwig vibes in this badass play/rock concert/protest/art installation!
Immersive theater so sexy you'll want to smoke a cigarette after!
Sexy and dangerous theater. As delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
Go behind-the-scenes at a K-Pop factory in this immersive theatrical event!
Four future megastar actors shine in this new play about the personal side of the Freedom Riders movement.
The Hamilton parody with Monty Python vibes.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
Exactly what we need as a nation right now! Sobering, yet hopeful.
Irreverent, hilarious, and just plain good!
A magic show for 2017!
Shakespeare as a bachelor(ette) party!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!
A musical theater nerd's fever dream!
An immersive production Off-Broadway with Broadway A-Listers!
An extremely special experience that borders on magic!
You'll walk out of the theater with a smile a mile wide!
(duh!) One of the greatest pieces of art of all time.
A Noises Off-esque romp and a half!
Yes, it really is that funny...
One of the coolest theatrical experiences you'll ever have.
Artisanal and intimate immersive theater.
Does it surprise you to know that this is actually one of the best pieces of musical theater of all-time?
A "genie-us" performance, superb direction, and songs you know and love!
Harry Potter fan fiction performed with an improv comedy sensibility!