Banner Photo: Carol Rosegg
5 Reasons You Should See Avenue Q:
1. It's hilarious AF. You do not know the meaning of "irreverent" until you've seen Avenue Q. They go IN! Racism, homophobia, porn...no topic is off-limits.
2. It's way more affordable than The Book Of Mormon. Goldstar has tickets for $45!
3. The people who wrote it also wrote Frozen. We can all agree these people know what they are doing as songwriters, yes?
4. It beat Wicked for the Tony Award® for Best Musical in 2004! Let that sink in for a second.
5. It's been playing for 14 years. They're certainly doing something right!
Go see Avenue Q, playing now Off-Broadway at New World Stages.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!