The classic is now playing Off-Broadway in a badass new production that is as delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
5 Reasons You Should See A Clockwork Orange:
1. Jonno Davies. Jonno plays Alex DeLarge in a career-defining performance. Barely ever leaving the stage to catch his breath for the full 90 minutes, the hunky future megastar has swagger and acting chops that you have to see to believe. He NAILS it.
2. Alexandra Spencer-Jones' direction. Alexandra tells Sam in the video below that she likes rock music...and that she likes it loud. "ASJ" intertwines really awesome pop music (The Gossip! Muse!) into the play, making it feel relevant for 2017. The result? This play almost feels like a musical, satisfying the craving for us musical lovers...but without scaring off jazz hands haters. You can tell that she poured her heart and soul into this production with her extremely exciting staging.
Photos: Caitlin McNaney
3. It's a throwback to the book. This production goes back to its roots as a literary masterpiece. That being said, fans of the Stanley Kubrick movie won't be disappointed.
4. The production values are outta control. First of all, you don't see any colors anywhere that aren't black, white, and orange. The set, lights, costumes, and props all help transport you into Alex DeLarge's mind and you walk out of the theater jarred by the real world, which means the creative team has done a superb job of immersing you.
5. An all-male cast of #hunkz sizzles with homoeroticism. Male members play female roles and things get a little sexy. In the video below, meet some of the stars. Bonus: Director ASJ dives deeper into why she uses pop music in the production in the video.
Video not displaying properly? Click here.
Runs through January 6.
Theater with a LOT of swagger! A+++++++++++++++++
Banned theater from Europe starring a member of Pussy Riot. Intense and awesome!
A seminal piece of theater that hasn't been on a NYC stage since 1999.
Hedwig vibes in this badass play/rock concert/protest/art installation!
Immersive theater so sexy you'll want to smoke a cigarette after!
Sexy and dangerous theater. As delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
Go behind-the-scenes at a K-Pop factory in this immersive theatrical event!
Four future megastar actors shine in this new play about the personal side of the Freedom Riders movement.
The Hamilton parody with Monty Python vibes.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
Exactly what we need as a nation right now! Sobering, yet hopeful.
Irreverent, hilarious, and just plain good!
A magic show for 2017!
Shakespeare as a bachelor(ette) party!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!
A musical theater nerd's fever dream!
An immersive production Off-Broadway with Broadway A-Listers!
An extremely special experience that borders on magic!
You'll walk out of the theater with a smile a mile wide!
(duh!) One of the greatest pieces of art of all time.
A Noises Off-esque romp and a half!
Yes, it really is that funny...
One of the coolest theatrical experiences you'll ever have.
Artisanal and intimate immersive theater.
Does it surprise you to know that this is actually one of the best pieces of musical theater of all-time?
A "genie-us" performance, superb direction, and songs you know and love!
Harry Potter fan fiction performed with an improv comedy sensibility!