Yep, Mean Girls is coming to Broadway...and it's a musical! The pre-Broadway run of this show is currently in DC and opened to quite positive reviews. We cannot effing wait for Spring when this show arrives in NYC, but tickets are going FAST so you should get tickets now.
5 Reasons IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME:
1. Tina Fey wrote the book herself (the "book" of a musical is everything that isn't the music and lyrics). When Kween Tina is at the helm, you know it's gonna be good.
2. Casey Nicholaw is directing. Known for bright and fun musicals like Aladdin and The Book of Mormon (no big deal), Casey's shows include rousing musical number after rousing musical number that have the entire audience doubled over in laughter.
3. Barrett Wilbert Weed (real name!) is in it. This future megastar SLAYED in Off-Broadway's Found in 2014 and also has a huge fan base from the cult Heathers: The Musical.
Photos of the pre-Broadway production in DC: Joan Marcus
4. Nell Benjamin wrote the lyrics. Nell co-wrote 2007's Legally Blonde: The Musical, which was a total A+...and totally robbed of a Best Musical Tony Award® nomination.
5. It's Mean Girls. The Musical. Duhhhh...
Starts March 12 .
Sam saw ~250 shows this year. Here's his Top 10 faves!