by Brookelynn Mason
If you're into classic musical theater, whip out that credit card now because the revival of Carousel is gonna sell out FAST!
5 Reasons You Should Get Tickets Now:
1. Joshua Henry and Jesse Mueller are starring in this revival as Billy Bigelow and Julie Jordan, respectively. Both are coming off hot from big productions: Henry from the touring production of Hamilton, Mueller from Waitress (where she was nominated for a Tony, nbd). We anticipate that the talent explosion alone will drive tickets to the brink of a sellout!
2. "You'll Never Walk Alone" is literally a staple of the music industry. It's been covered by countless artists (such as Great Comet's own Josh Groban), and is even the theme song of fans for the Liverpool Football Club. Getting to see this song performed live SHOULD NOT BE MISSED!
Photo of Joshua Henry: Gary Gershoff / Getty Images Entertainment / Getty Images
3. It's a lot of musical theatre nerds' favorite musical of all time. Time Magazine calls it the "best musical of the century". 'Nuff said.
4. It's Rodgers and Hammerstein. This is the same pair that gave us The Sound of Music, The King and I, and Oklahoma! The music is great and the text is rich. This is old guard Broadway.
5. The creative team is absolutely stellar, which includes director Jack O'Brien (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Love Never Dies) and scenic designer Santo Loquasto of the recent Hello, Dolly! revival. Stellar directing in an already rich production with a ridiculously talented cast? A set that will probably blow your mind? Yes, please.
Starts February 28.
Sam saw ~250 shows this year. Here's his Top 10 faves!