The Beetlejuice musical begins it's pre-Broadway engagement in DC in October at the National Theatre and starts on Broadway in April.
5 reasons to get Hyped AF about it COMING TO BROADWAY (and TO see if it if you're in DC!):
1. Alex Brightman as Beetlejuice himself. This casting choice is, quite simply, perfect. You loved this badass musical theater rawkstar in School of Rock (and so did the Tony Awards nomination committee!) and now he's back in what's sure to be a ridiculous portrayal of our beloved...hero?
2. Alex Timbers is directing. Three words about Alex's direction of new musicals: He. Goes. In! His boxing ring finale of Rocky (complete with Jumbotron!) will be remembered for decades as legendary moment in Broadway history. And, his immersive direction of the David Byrne/Fatboy Slim musical Here Lies Love was also a home run. As Pitbull and Kesha like to sing, "It's going down, he's Alex Timbers...". Oh wait, that's not how the lyric goes?
3. One of the writers of the book writes for Broad City. What more information do you need than that? Well, in case you do need some more: the music and lyrics are by Eddie Perfect, who is also the composer of Broadway's upcoming King Kong. He's awesome. This show is gonna be hilarious.
Photos: Darren Cox/SpotCo
4. It's like they heard everyone's #dreamcasting for this show and actually did it. SpongeBob SquarePant's Kelvin Moon Loh (and 2017 40 Under 40 star!) as Otho, Leslie Kritzer as Delia (the Catherine O'Hara role), Mean Girls' Kerry Butler as Barbara (the Geena Davis role), the lovely Sophia Ann Caruso as your favorite character and mine Lydia...And, the list just goes on and on!
5. Who doesn't love Beetlejuice? It's a classic film for a reason. So, Beetlejuice as a new musical directed by Alex Timbers and starring all of these people? Yes, please. See ya'll soon on Broadway!
Starts previews in DC on October 14 and arrives on Broadway in March 2019.
For starters, Jeff Goldblum was in it!
The first part of our new series #WomenOnBroadway: 5 producers you should be paying attention to!