The Beetlejuice musical just arrived on Broadway!
5 reasons to get Hyped AF about it:
1. Alex Brightman as Beetlejuice himself. He is HILARIOUS. This casting choice is, quite simply, perfect. You loved this badass musical theater rawkstar in School of Rock (and so did the Tony Awards nomination committee!) and now he's back in a ridiculous portrayal of our beloved...hero?
2. Alex Timbers’ direction. Three words about Alex's direction of new musicals: He. Goes. In! His boxing ring finale of Rocky (complete with Jumbotron!) will be remembered for decades as legendary moment in Broadway history. And, his immersive direction of the David Byrne/Fatboy Slim musical Here Lies Love was also a home run. As Pitbull and Kesha like to sing, "It's going down, he's Alex Timbers...". Oh wait, that's not how the lyric goes?
3. One of the writers of the book writes for Broad City. What more information do you need than that? Well, in case you do need some more: the book makes fun of itself in all the right ways and will have you ROTFLyourAO!
Photos: Matthew Murphy
4. It's like they heard everyone's #dreamcasting for this show and actually did it. SpongeBob SquarePant's Kelvin Moon Loh (and 2017 40 Under 40 star!) as Otho, Leslie Kritzer as Delia (the Catherine O'Hara role), Mean Girls' Kerry Butler as Barbara (the Geena Davis role), the lovely Sophia Ann Caruso as your favorite character and mine Lydia...And, the list just goes on and on! Spoiler alert: they all shine!
5. Who doesn't love Beetlejuice? It's a classic film for a reason…and, don’t worry, all your favorite moments from the movie are intact and really fun to experience live on a stage. So, Beetlejuice as a new musical directed by Alex Timbers and starring all of these people? Yes, please. See ya'll soon on Broadway!
5 reasons to get hyped AF about this badass new musical!
We asked the cast and creative team of Be More Chill: Who’s your SQUIP?
2018 was epic year for theater. Here’s some of the highlights!
For starters, Jeff Goldblum was in it…
The first part of our new series #WomenOnBroadway: 5 producers you should be paying attention to!