Portuguese playwright Mickaël De Oliveira's U.S. premiere of an abstract play about 4 actors chosen to rewrite the official Constitution of Portugal without any experience or social interaction from the outside world.
5 Reasons You Should See It:
1. The entire experience is very European! This includes the Portuguese custom of not sitting in seats until the show is about to start, so you hang out on the stage until the show starts. Bonus: This is the only Portuguese theater company in NYC. Cultural access like this is why you live here, so...get out and experience it!
2. There are no weak links in the cast. All four actors are A+ performers, some of which you'll recognize from TV! These are experienced and well-trained actors who know what they are doing.
Photos: Vanessa Varela
3. The direction is pointed and courageous. Director Jill DeArmon makes it very easy to follow what is happening while the play takes you on a 70-minute journey from soothing inner comfort to chaotic fear.
4. This is a great gateway to exploring more absurdist theater. The show challenges you to think about theater in a whole different way. This is not jazz hands and Shakespeare.
5. Tickets are only $25. Talk about an affordable theater date night!
Runs through September 10.
Theater with a LOT of swagger! A+++++++++++++++++
Banned theater from Europe starring a member of Pussy Riot. Intense and awesome!
A seminal piece of theater that hasn't been on a NYC stage since 1999.
Hedwig vibes in this badass play/rock concert/protest/art installation!
Immersive theater so sexy you'll want to smoke a cigarette after!
Sexy and dangerous theater. As delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
Go behind-the-scenes at a K-Pop factory in this immersive theatrical event!
Four future megastar actors shine in this new play about the personal side of the Freedom Riders movement.
The Hamilton parody with Monty Python vibes.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
Exactly what we need as a nation right now! Sobering, yet hopeful.
Irreverent, hilarious, and just plain good!
A magic show for 2017!
Shakespeare as a bachelor(ette) party!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!
A musical theater nerd's fever dream!
An immersive production Off-Broadway with Broadway A-Listers!
An extremely special experience that borders on magic!
You'll walk out of the theater with a smile a mile wide!
(duh!) One of the greatest pieces of art of all time.
A Noises Off-esque romp and a half!
Yes, it really is that funny...
One of the coolest theatrical experiences you'll ever have.
Artisanal and intimate immersive theater.
Does it surprise you to know that this is actually one of the best pieces of musical theater of all-time?
A "genie-us" performance, superb direction, and songs you know and love!
Harry Potter fan fiction performed with an improv comedy sensibility!