5 Reasons You Should See Seeing You:
1. There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who have seen Sleep No More (or a similar piece) and want more immersive theater in their lives AND those who have yet to experience how amazing immersive theater is. Immersive theater is everything…you gotta get into it! You know that feeling when a movie really “transports” you to a different time and place? Well, immersive theater does that…but you get to walk around in it. Immersive theater is tangible. You can literally touch and feel it.
2. The cast, and audience for that matter, of Seeing You is extremely sexy. This is downtown hipster theater, not for 70-year old Upper East Side ladies who call her “Bette Mid-lah”. There’s (almost) nudity, super sensual dancing two feet - OR LESS! - in front of your face, and the whole thing is very arousing…er, appealing.
3. This story is urgent and relevant. You will walk out questioning how World War 2 could have been so brutal, even if it was less than 100 years ago.
4. This infusive piece is (or can be) intense AF. This is not for the faint of heart! Definitely get a drink beforehand* and prepare for what the ticket calls “philosophical discomfort”. You will be challenged and come out 90 minutes later a better person. Best part about immersive theater? You control the intensity and can very easily step back when you need a breather and get right back up in there when you're ready.
5. The super cool warehouse space where it is performed is under the High Line. Any tourists at this show are the cool, hot, young European kind…not families with mouse ear hats looking for a wax museum. *Bonus: it’s on 14th Street and 10th Avenue, right below a terrace café on the High Line where you can get a pre-show glass of rosé.
Runs through July 30.
Theater with a LOT of swagger! A+++++++++++++++++
Banned theater from Europe starring a member of Pussy Riot. Intense and awesome!
A seminal piece of theater that hasn't been on a NYC stage since 1999.
Hedwig vibes in this badass play/rock concert/protest/art installation!
Immersive theater so sexy you'll want to smoke a cigarette after!
Sexy and dangerous theater. As delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
Go behind-the-scenes at a K-Pop factory in this immersive theatrical event!
Four future megastar actors shine in this new play about the personal side of the Freedom Riders movement.
The Hamilton parody with Monty Python vibes.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
Exactly what we need as a nation right now! Sobering, yet hopeful.
Irreverent, hilarious, and just plain good!
A magic show for 2017!
Shakespeare as a bachelor(ette) party!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!
A musical theater nerd's fever dream!
An immersive production Off-Broadway with Broadway A-Listers!
An extremely special experience that borders on magic!
You'll walk out of the theater with a smile a mile wide!
(duh!) One of the greatest pieces of art of all time.
A Noises Off-esque romp and a half!
Yes, it really is that funny...
One of the coolest theatrical experiences you'll ever have.
Artisanal and intimate immersive theater.
Does it surprise you to know that this is actually one of the best pieces of musical theater of all-time?
A "genie-us" performance, superb direction, and songs you know and love!
Harry Potter fan fiction performed with an improv comedy sensibility!