Get Ready For the JoBros Party At 54 Below
by Tyler Conroy
"This is an S.O.S!" Some of Broadway’s hottest talent is coming together for a one night only concert on September 19th paying tribute to one of the greatest boy bands of our generation: The Jonas Brothers. There's a reason the Bros have sold over 17 million albums (!), 2 million concert tickets, and starred in three movies and even had their own show on Disney...because they are awesome.
Some Broadway stars are converging at 54 Below on September 19 for a JoBros blowout celebration.
5 reasons why you need to be there:
1. The cast. This show is packed with stars from Newsies, Avenue Q, Jersey Boys, The Lightning Thief and the upcoming Mean Girls musical. There’s also that guy who sings his orders at the Taco Bell drive-thru & occasionally fangirls on red carpets for YesBroadway (that’s me).
2. The venue. Just about every Broadway legend has performed at Feinstein’s/54 Below making it one of NYC’s most iconic concert halls. Not to mention they also offer a full dinner menu & bar. I recommend their summer sangria!
3. The song lineup. Have you been a Jonas Brothers fan since their “Mandy” days? You will not be disappointed by the catalog of music the show covers, including a fan favorite from their movie Camp Rock.
4. You miss them. Jonas Brothers 4EVER! Did you also wear all black on the day they announced their official split? If you’ve been missing the music of the Jobros that once filled your iPod nano, then this is a perfect night to channel you’re inner teenybopper and pretend it’s the Year 3000 all over again.
5. Tickets start at $15 on Goldstar. You'll still have plenty of money left for that sangria!
When Pasek + Paul were writing a musical about teenage boys, were they influenced by the music they were listening to as teenage boys?
This month's takeover guest - Michelle Aravena from Broadway's A Bronx Tale!
In the YesBroadway interview with Ben Folds he tells Annie Schiffmann he has no idea that his sound is on Broadway - but he isn’t surprised.