Head Over Heels is a new musical featuring all your favorite hits from The Go-Go's. It's an epic woke rock pop jukebox Elizabethan fairy tale party!
5 reasons you should see it:
1. Bonnie Milligan. Yoooooo, welcome to Broadway @beltingbons! Bonnie gives an obsess-worthy performance that is extraordinarily hilarious...and that voice, omg! Her big number near the end of Act 1 will leave you doubled over in laughter and then you'll be screaming Bonnie's name during the (fabulous and fun) curtain call. She's an actual Broadway dream come true. Meet her in this video during a little kiki at pre-Broadway dinner spot Bond 45:
2. Peppermint. After winning everyone's hearts on RuPaul's Drag Race, Peppermint is the first trans actress to create a principal role on Broadway. What a way to make a debut! She suh-lays.
3. The music. There's a reason that The Go-Go's are the most successful female rock band of all time: their music is catchy AF. And, the all-female band onstage makes their music sound REALLY good live. You'll be so glad they turn the volume all the way up for your favorites: "Vacation" (All I Ever Wanted), “We Got the Beat,” “Our Lips Are Sealed,” and Belinda Carlisle's “Heaven is a Place on Earth.” The entire show is an aural orgasm!
Photos: Joan Marcus
4. It's a celebration of queerness. This show definitely takes a 2018 look at gender and sexuality. Interracial lesbian couples? Finding the masculine and feminine sides in all of us? A major character that prefers the pronoun "they"? Head Over Heels has it all!
5. The Hudson Theater is so nice. Broadway's newest theater was recently renovated and has spacious seats that feel luxurious, fancy bathrooms, and drinks are served in actual glasses. Seeing a show there is an elegant experience!
Pro tip: You can get discounted tickets on Goldstar for as low as $50.
Runs through January 6.
We asked the cast and creative team of Be More Chill: Who’s your SQUIP?
2018 was epic year for theater. Here’s some of the highlights!
For starters, Jeff Goldblum was in it…
The first part of our new series #WomenOnBroadway: 5 producers you should be paying attention to!