5 reasons you should see Can You Forgive Her?:
1. Two Words: Amber. Tamblyn. Wow, wow, wow. The daughter of OG West Side Story (movie) Riff and Twin Peaks star Russ Tamblyn, walks out onto that stage and claims her place as a stage actress to pay serious attention to after already establishing herself in television and film.
2. A really unique story. The five characters find themselves in a situation that is somehow completely wacky and yet totally believable at the same time.
3. Frank Wood is in it. He plays a shell-of-a-human sugar daddy so vulnerably that you feel real pain in your heart for him. This is the kind of actors they give Tony Awards® to (he has one for Broadway's Sideman).
4. Female playwright! Two-time Pulitzer finalist Gina Gionfriddo writes characters here that are truly human: flawed and scared.
5. 95 minutes, no intermish. Short enough to get home in time to watch some reruns of Amber in Joan of Arcadia. However, the second half that makes you want the craziness of what's happening in the story to never end.
Runs through June 11.