Banner Image: Nicolai Khalezin, Belarus Free Theatre
Burning Doors is a banned piece of theater by the Belarus Free Theatre. It is super heady and intense...and very, very, very awesome.
5 Reasons You Should SEE IT:
1. It stars Maria Alyokhina from Pussy Riot, who just served two years in Russian jail for being a part of a protest performance staged in a church. She is a performer with a definite "it" factor and it's especially powerful to have her on the stage as a solid chunk of the evening involves telling her story.
2. Support artists that refuse to be silenced! This is the only piece of European theater that is banned by its government on political grounds. In one recent production of this piece, the entire cast AND AUDIENCE were arrested in Belarus. Yet, out of oppression comes incredibly passionate art and you'll be so glad you got to see it. These performers are not fucking around!
3. It is one of the most sensory experiences you'll ever have in a theater. Smell and touch heighten the visual and aural work of this piece, making it exceptionally visceral. This is not for the faint of heart!
4. The production values are insane. Lighting, costumes, sets, and props are all A+, all helping to highlight the extreme physicality of the performances...without taking away from them.
5. Tickets are only $30. Pro tip: it's general admission and we recommend getting there early to snag a seat in the first three rows, where your senses are especially assaulted.
Runs through October 22.
An incredibly brave and revelatory new musical!
5 reasons this show will ge so good, it’s deadly!
Red Alert: this is going to be a BIG deal!
5 reasons to get hyped AF about this badass new musical!
The U.S. Constitution + Dirty Dancing?
Teenage anxiety! Sci-fi! 90’s nostalgia! INCREDIBLE music!
You’ll never look at classic musicals the same way again after you see this revelatory production. A++++++++!
The musical. The musical. The musical. On Broadway.
We asked the cast and creative team of Be More Chill: Who’s your SQUIP?
2018 was epic year for theater. Here’s some of the highlights!
A folk musical about a famous Greek myth set during the Depression.
For starters, Jeff Goldblum was in it…
The first part of our new series #WomenOnBroadway: 5 producers you should be paying attention to!
SO fun...and that radio-ready music!