5 Reasons You Should See A Doll's House, Part 2:
1. You need to know nothing about “Part 1” to enjoy it. There’s a reason it was nominated for a Tony Award® for Best Play! Written in modern parlance but set in the 1800’s, this show is super relatable with its themes of feminism and independence.
2. Tony winner Julie White gives an electric performance that will instantly make you see why she’s a legend in the theater world. She is so, so, so funny!
Photos: Julieta Cervantes
3. The cast is only 4 people and ALL FOUR of them are superb.
4. Director Sam Gold (also nominated for a Tony® for this play) is known for stripped down productions that let the acting shine. That is certainly true here!
5. It’s 90 minutes, no intermish. You’ll be home by 10pm, unless you decide to stay and get Julie White's autograph.
Runs until September 24.
Theater with a LOT of swagger! A+++++++++++++++++
Banned theater from Europe starring a member of Pussy Riot. Intense and awesome!
A seminal piece of theater that hasn't been on a NYC stage since 1999.
Hedwig vibes in this badass play/rock concert/protest/art installation!
Immersive theater so sexy you'll want to smoke a cigarette after!
Sexy and dangerous theater. As delightful to the eyes as it is terrifying to the mind!
Go behind-the-scenes at a K-Pop factory in this immersive theatrical event!
Four future megastar actors shine in this new play about the personal side of the Freedom Riders movement.
The Hamilton parody with Monty Python vibes.
The Broadway musical recorded on film for optimal couch viewing!
Exactly what we need as a nation right now! Sobering, yet hopeful.
Irreverent, hilarious, and just plain good!
A magic show for 2017!
Shakespeare as a bachelor(ette) party!
There's a reason it won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Musical. It doesn't get fresher and more relevant than this!
A musical theater nerd's fever dream!
An immersive production Off-Broadway with Broadway A-Listers!
An extremely special experience that borders on magic!
You'll walk out of the theater with a smile a mile wide!
(duh!) One of the greatest pieces of art of all time.
A Noises Off-esque romp and a half!
Yes, it really is that funny...
One of the coolest theatrical experiences you'll ever have.
Artisanal and intimate immersive theater.
Does it surprise you to know that this is actually one of the best pieces of musical theater of all-time?
A "genie-us" performance, superb direction, and songs you know and love!
Harry Potter fan fiction performed with an improv comedy sensibility!